Monday 12 September 2016

Carl Cox – phuture 2000 (CD)



Carl Andrew Cox is a UK techno DJ & producer (born 29-07-1962 in Barbados, now residing in Melbourne, Australia). This is his second album. I never heard his music before. I know it`s electronically oriented though. I was expecting techno, maybe Detroit or Chicago style. Man, am I wrong here. The perfect music for people who like dancing with some progressive house and / or tech house. Good clubbing music. Most of the songs follow a similar pattern / style i.e. sweet & subtle progressive house or a somewhat edgier tech house. I`m not much into dance music. Ok I`ll admit it I like New Order and Daft Punk (their cool electronic disco). But that`s about it. A couple of tracks grabbed my short attention span. They sounded a bit different, and they are
3 – The Latin theme (4.54 minutes) = nice trumpet sounds + progressive house. Hola mamma sita qué paso?
6 – Black shaolin (6.30 minutes) = hip hop / rap + progressive / tech house.
Yo baby
Lemme spill some gravy
Would you be my Lady?

9 – Dr. Funk (6.42 minutes) = a potent mix of more house with elements / traces of funk and disco. Now I feel like dancing. Interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment