Monday 12 September 2016

Various Artists – 2000 hands (double CD)



I got this as a trade. I consider myself lucky. This compilation came out in 2000 and it`s sold-out. It is a shame though. The music is incredible here. There`s 10 bands / artists doing three songs each (30 amazing tracks). You will hear sounds from the likes of Orphx, Proyecto Mirage, Winterkalte, MS Gentur, Needle Sharing, KKVD, Typhoid, Ah Cama-Sotz, Xabec, and Schachtanlage Gagenort. I`m a fan of Orphx. I discovered them in the early nineties. At the time, they were running Xcreteria it was their tape label. They used the name Oriphix on their first cassette (back in 1993). Upon the first listen I was hooked they were mixing noise + industrial (the real stuff forget NIN please) + experimental with rhythmic noise like no one else was at the time. The music on this compilation is a potent blend of industrial, noise, techno, electronic, experimental, ambient, drum & noise, and rhythmic noise. The discovery of the day: Winterkalte`s doing noisy / harsh beats + old school industrial = I want more. Recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment