Tuesday 13 September 2016

DJ Heather – tangerine (CD)



DJ Heather (real name: Heather Robinson) is part of the ever expanding Chicago house community (along the likes of Diz, Derrick Carter, Sneak and Mark Farina). I bought a pile of used CDs / DVDs at a garage sale. I think I paid something like 5.00$ for the whole shebang. I gave away most of the stuff I bought there. I kept this CD and the Shartopus DVD (out of sheer curiosity) I don`t know too many female DJs, except Miss Kittin and Misstress Barbara. Tangerine is her first DJ mix album. She mixes / remixes tracks from Freaks, J.T Donaldson & Chris Nazuka, Nick Holder, Natural Rhythm, Les Maçons De La Musique, Majestika, Johnny Fiasco featuring D`Luxe, Rhythm Plate, Nostalgia, Studio Nova, Toka Project (2 songs), Bert Dunk, Derrick Carter, DJD and The Rurals. Definitely music for the dance floor i.e. toe tapping, hips moving and butt shaking, you get the drill. If you`re into house / deep house electronic music then this baby`s for you.
Not my cup of tea                                                                     Interesting just not for me.     

No comments:

Post a Comment