Saturday 30 March 2013

a couple of recommended documentaries


I enjoy watching documentaries for education purposes, knowledge and sheer curiosity. There`s always something to learn in life. The day you stop learning is the day where apathy sets in, you`re jaded, and you`re intellectually dead. Regarding documentaries, I buy them, trade them and download them. You can find lots of interesting and challenging stuff here:


I download documentaries because I watch most of them before my shift on my small 16 Go Ainol portable player (with a nice 5 inch screen). Here`s some of my recent discoveries. Let`s see, we have:


    The Book that Can't Be Read                                                                                                                          
    The subject of the matter is the Voynich manuscript. It is described as "the world's most mysterious manuscript", it  dates to the early 15th century (1404–1438). It is named after the book dealer Wilfrid Voynich who bought it in 1912. It is written in a mysterious, unknown language (possibly some form of encrypted  ciphertext). All efforts to translate it were vain. There`s some plants illustrations but most of the plants do not match known species. What`s it purpose? Is there a purpose? Is it an alchemical document? An esoteric, occult document? Could it be a hoax? You be the judge. I also discovered that `the book that can`t be read ` is part of `Naked Science` which is a series of documentaries from National Geographic (9 seasons with approximately 141 episodes). I `ll see if can find some more on www.youtube.com . I`m hooked.
    My overall quote: 8/10
    The beer factor: to quote the intellectual savior Damien Sandow, SILENCE ! I`ve watched it sober, before my shift.
    You can also read and/or download the Voynich manuscript here: 
    You can also watch it here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgALlSPlZC8


    The devil`s bible
    The Codex Gigas (and no it`s not what you`re thinking big E) is the world's largest and most mysterious medieval manuscript. It`s a huge book too it weighs 165 pounds (it`s allegedly made from the skin of 160 donkeys, so they say). There`s an incredible image of the devil, the book is filled demonic spells and satanic imagery. Legend says the text was written in a single night by a doomed monk`s pact with the Devil himself. National Geographics follows a team of scientists who are trying to unravel all the Codex Gigas hidden secrets. This is extremely interesting. I will try to find an english version of the Codex Gigas online. I have a fascination for ancient occult, esoteric literature.
    My overall quote: 8/10
    The beer factor: irrelevant, I`ve seen this one before my shift, you`re welcome.                                                                       You can watch it here:                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oqABkyNQL0


    The revelation of the pyramids
    I won`t give you a description this time around, yes it`s that mind challenging i.e good. No oerall quotes, no beer factor included, just watch it this I command!!! More information here:  
 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2124189/?ref_=sr_1                                                                                                                                                               You can watch it just here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgZRKxd5dEY

No comments:

Post a Comment