Sunday 24 March 2013

Hell Garbage – aso (recycled Bill Monroe tape)





Hell Garbage is a noise project from Lakeland, Florida. Formed in August of 2011. The line-up is Dylan Houser (aka Dylan Hell or Dyllo Von Hellshit VI or Dolan Hoser) and his girlfriend, Kat (of Norse Shit Band/Nordic Snow/ShaMaMo fame).  This recording is an extremely rare edition of 13 copies (and I`m one of the lucky dudes to own this).  I like the idea of recycling, re-using and re-appropriating stuff, especially when it comes to commercial music (hell, they might sound better after all). You can recycle tapes. Unfortunately you can`t do that with CD`s they`re one shot only (except for cd-r`s of course). This is a mildly short tape (33.46 minutes) consisting of two sidelong tracks. The music is a mixture of screams + lotsa good feedback and distortion. In your face hardcore noise with movements and tonality (no static repetitive, redundant shit noise).  It feels like you`re being gangbanged and pummeled by a big ass wall of noise.Traumatizing and intense to say the least. 
I got used, I got used, I got used, yeah baby!!!
His blog:
and email:


1 comment:

  1. I found a bunch of these Bill Monroe tapes at the Sound Exchange in Brandon, FL last summer, 13 of them to be exact, which was why it was limited to only 13. I also bought a bunch of books-on-tape at the flea market in Auburndale (28 for only $2!) and I plan on recycling all of those some time down the line. Recycling tapes are always fun!

    BTW, Sluggisha isn't my blog, but the blog of Ed Jeleniewski (aka G O D), who was in a bunch of bands in the Fort Myers, FL scene, including Cat Machine (a tribute album was released recently by Lava Church), One Fell Swoop, Noisekillr, among many, many others. I've done a bunch of splits and collaborations with him (including the aforementioned ShaMaMo, with my girlfriend). Great guy all around. I'm actually recording some HNW right now for a split with one of his recent bands, Baconnaise!

    ReplyDelete