Sunday 17 March 2013

Wrong Number Zine #5 (comes with 60 minutes mixtape)





This is a 8.5 by 11 inches full color 8 pages zine
After reading this I truly believe that Ms Belka Belochka is a fan of recycling. Theres some found pictures, found notes, some street stickers, thrift store book reviews, zine reviews, a poem, a tale of cassette love \ dubbing. I like the nice, kinda naïve but sincere, deeply honest writing style. After reading this I felt like going to the Salvation Army or any thrift store to scope up stuff. The mixtape is a collection of her favorite songs culled from various thrift stores cassettes. Upon reading this I couldn`t help myself. I though oh no not a collection of crappy one hit wonders \ bad pop songs. Boy was I wrong this tape is like an international world music extravaganza. Let`s see. There`s Japanese pop (Chiemi Hori, Seiko Matsuda, Akina Nakamori and Iyo Matsumoto), traditional Greek music (M.Hadjidakis), disco from the Philippines (Boyfriends), fiddle music (Hawks And Eagles), a funny and moronic cartoon song (Ren & Stimpy), experimental music from Ukraine (PlasticFantastic And Electric Psychedelic Pussycat), Hawaiian ukulele (Ohta-San), Hawaiian music (Makaha Sons Of Ni`Hau, Ledward Kaapana), an old school English punk band (X-Ray Spex), and some German zither music (Joseph `Sepp` Diepolder). I can`t wait to read more issues of this amazing zine and I hope she does another amazing mixtape. Write her godammit!
Ms. Belka Belochka
1021 Lowella Ave
Pearl City, 
Hi
96782, 
USA


No comments:

Post a Comment