Wednesday 6 March 2013

Psionic Plastic Joy # 17 (fall 2012) (zine)




Here`s another fine issue of Jason Rodgers amazing counterculture , anti technology \ internet zine. There`s 32 pages  of  half-size, cut and paste, black and white material. PPJ is one of my favorite zines, along with the R.I.P. old Nightwaves (New Brunswick`s own publication covering electronic music). There`s a good mix of weird ass articles along various collages and artworks. My favorite articles where: `introduction – further notes on technology`( I understand Jaoson`s point of view but I feel that the internet, if used properly is just another  tool for free publicity), and `covert black-ops mission against Reality Impaired Recordings fails – bring the noise` (conspiracy theory anyone ?) and `Neo-Neoist Tenets`( this brought back a lot of old memories from the defunct and Montréal`s own Total Zero recordings, rmemeber Phycys? Vermiform Front? Trondant?). I like his choice of artists \ collagists. Let`s see, there is Malok (a standout piece of abstract psychedelism), Haddock, Lena Samo , Yves Albrechts (from Belgium), Reed Altemus, Thompson, François Marceau (yes that`s me, hey, I`m everywhere) and Stuart Stratu (from Australia). 


And how much does this cost ? It`s simple, 2.00 $ USA or 3.00 $ worldwide. Forget about digital era, let`s get physical:
Jason Rodgers
PO Box 63
Lawrence
Ma,
01842, 
USA


No comments:

Post a Comment