Monday 11 March 2013

Tales from Tom the drunk hustler part 7


Da brawl

During those troubled times
Mid nineties I think
I`m not sure because I`m getting old
And my memory
My eyesight
My sex drive
My hair
They all seem to disappear slowly
Dying isn`t that bad, getting older
Now that`s something in itself
What were we discussing ?
At `Chez Margot`  we have some newcomers
Hot blooded latinos
A little loud maybe, but cool folks nonetheless
Most of them where really bad pool players 
Easy trimmings I say
More pitchers of beer for us three


I remember this guy
Small, chunky with short black hair
I think he was in his mid fifties or something
A Peruvian named Nunez
He was the worst player I met
Easy to beat when sober
It gets worst when he`s drunk
It`s not even like taking candy from a baby
More like taking money from a quadriplegic child
It`s bad and sad at the same time
Because he`s losing and the more it happens
He becomes aggressive like hell
A Peruvian Tasmanian devil if you will




I hate to win against folks like him
Believe you me
I`m a hustler with a conscience
Not
But I have a reputation which speaks for itself
And I like my reputation, dammit
It was one of those nights
I beat big Tony
One of the calmest persons
I`ve met
He speaks real s-l-o-w
D-a-m-n  I j-u-s-t  l-o-s-t  a-n-o-t-h-e-r   p-i-t-c-h-e-r
Thanks for the game big guy
I-t-`s  c-o-o-l
Hey Nunez you`re next my man
Not this loser again me think
Pplay you for a pitcher
Say what ?
Wanna pitcher
You want to pay me a pitcher
Nno play for a pitcher
He says
Or so it seems
You want to play for a pitcher
Is that it Nunez
Ffuck yeah
I don`t think it`s a good idea bro
I beat you when you`re sober
Now you`re drunk as a skunk
I mean
It`s not worth it
WADDYA MEAN IT`S NOT WORTH IT !
AM I NOT WORTHY ENOUGH FOR YOU ASSHOLE ?
I shouldn`t have said that I think
Now he`s pissed off
That`s not what I mean my friend
You sure you are able to play ?
Ffuck yeah
You sure ?
Look at you, you`re gone dude
I DON’T CARE ILL BEAT YER SORRY ASS
Then let`s go`
My break Nunez
If I could be totally honest
This will be the last time
After this game  
You will never
And I mean never
Want to play pool
With me again
Bang!!!
Three low balls on the break
The two cross side
Four top corner pocket
Six bottom right corner
Five top right corner
The eight ball`s left
It`s near the side pocket
The white ball is just in front
I bend down
Look Nunez straight in the eyes
Told you this was your last game
Eight side pocket
I sink the eight
Without looking at the white ball
MOTHERFUCKER!!!!



He breaks his stick on the pool table
Pierre arrives fast
Ready to throw him out
It`s alright Pierre
It was an  accident
It was ?
Wwaz an accident Nunez stutters
Okay then
Nunez Pitcher if you please
Thank you
Greg
Yo Greg you`re up
Bet a beer pitcher Tom ?
Sure thing
That`s what I came here for
I light up a smoke
Look around
Something`s happening
Near the jukebox
I see Gerry screaming
At one of the new guys
He`s  Mexican I think
I despise Gerry
He represents
Everything I hate about the
Whole goddam human race
He`s arrogant and ignorant
At the same time
Just like
Salt and pepper
Bread and butter
The perfect mix indeed
One of them loud mouth assholes
Which sounds something like this…
You know if I was GM
I would trade  
Ed Ronan, Lyle Odelein, Turner Stevenson







To the Pitsburg Penguins
In exchange we would get



Jaromir Jagr and maybe a second round draft pick
Yeah right
In your wet dreams dickhead
He knows everything
He has all the answers
And yet
Such a genuine Einstein
Who is so smart and intelligent
Is on fucking welfare
He talks the talk
But doesn`t
Walk the walk
I hate idiots like him
Unfortunately
The world is full of them
Just look around
They usually become in charge of something
And I`m thinking
Wouldn`t it be great
If somebody would kick his ass
If his mouth was full of stitches
He would finally shut the fuck up
Nobody would hear his constant nagging
Hey Tom stop daydreaming and play
Sorry Greg
I got distracted
You`re hearing Gerry`s loud mouth again
Tell me something I don`t know
You think they`re gonna fight
Naw Gerry`s a wuss
All talk and no action
Anyways
Gotta go take a leak
I`m near the washroom
What the hell is this ?
They`re blocking the entrance
Still screaming at each other
I go near them
Sorry guys I gotta piss
It`s an emergency
I push them lightly
I`m almost inside
Next thing I know
Something or someone
Hits me on the back of me head
I fall on my knees
Then
Beer is poured on me
I lose my glasses
I`m blind as a bat
I get up
Still confused
It`s all a blur
There`s some sorth of commotion happening
I still have to piss goddammit!
I enter the washroom
Empty my bladder, wash my hands
Grab the handle and open the door
Damn my glasses are under the pool table
Got to get them
I pick them up and put them on
What the fuck is this ?
Everybody`s fighting


Whites, blacks, latinos, everyone



Pierre`s kicking this small guy
He looks at me and screams
Tom Julian needs help
I look around
I can`t see her
I see this huge latino guy near the bar



He`s holding Julian and feeling her nipples
Motherfucker I`m thinking
Good for me I like them big
Lotsa room to hit them
As long as they don`t connect first
You`re okay
I go behind him
`mamma ma la verga cabrone`
Huhh,
I punch him in the face
He laughs and throws Julian on the floor
He turns around
I give him a left hook
He starts to laugh
Is that your best shot cabrone he asks
No this is
I kick him in the balls
It never fails
He lands on a table
They both fall loudly on the floor
I kick his head a couple of time
Just to make sure
He`ll stay down
King Kong`s dead I`m thinking
Then
A fist hits me on my right shoulder
Wrong side bitch
I`m left handed
I grab an unidentified bottle
Bash it on the head of my unknown aggressor
I hit him twice for good measure
Feels good
Amidst all this violence and chaos
I do feel alive for once
Must be the adrenaline rush
Or something
I hear sirens in the distance
Closing in fast


Come on guys we have to get out
The cops are coming
I can`t afford to get arrested
We use the back door to exit
Best idea I`ve ever had
We arrive at the corner of Jean-Talon street
There`s about ten police cars
Parking in front of our favorite dive
We split up
Going separate ways
What a night
Free pitchers of  beers and a bar room brawl


To end it
Too bad I didn`t get laid
There will be another night
With girls, hustling and beers
In no particular order
That was the last time
I went at `Chez Margot`
After Nunez`s antics and the brawl
It just didn`t feel right
Going back there
Time to move on to new territory
Next stop `Pizza Plaza`
End of part one.




No comments:

Post a Comment