Wednesday 10 June 2015

Hiroshima Yeah! # 123 – May 2015 (zine)



This is the latest issue of my favorite 8.5 by 11 inches cut and paste, black and white, monthly zine (six pages long this time around). The cover star of this issue Chan Marshall herself i.e. Cat Power. Let`s begin with poetry and `the certainty of sickness and sleep `. Top notch poems, favorite ones are:
Reasons to kill
Sometimes it`s
Everything they do:
The way they talk,
The way they move,
The way they shovel snacks
Into their little faces,
All reasons to kill.
And
The teenage me
The teenage me would be disgusted
That I have coffee in McDonald`s
Most mornings.
The teenage me would scoff
At my new-found hatred of drugs.
The teenage me would not recognize
The person I have become;
Bloated, bored and adrift.
But who I was
Is not who I am
And the teenage me
Was a bit of a twat.
Damned, I can relate to that. The teenage me would go out every weekend the get laid and / or wasted in no particular order. The old age me likes to stay home and work on various art related projects and enjoy a cold one (actually more than one, hey. It`s a figure of speech). Gary Simmons provides us with `1.5 years on probation `a monthly installment about life in jail. Gary has a unique writing style kinda like a mix between Charles Bukowski and E M Cioran (for his nihilist imagery). There`s a couple of music, DVD and zine reviews as well. Next in line we have `a rainbow for me mum ` (a threesome texting collaboration with Mark Ritchie, Gary Simmons and Wayne) and `guide to sex, love and relationships part 2 ` (Simon Morris). Mark ends this zine with `work `. A short story about being stuck with a job you hate and remotely trying to deal with it. At least it pays the B + B (da bills and da booze). Alleluia brothers and sisters, testify. Contact:
Mark Ritchie
94 Main Street
Forth
Lanark
ML11 8AB
UK
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment