Wednesday 10 June 2015

Monsieur Populaire - en stop motion (1992) (MP3)



He recorded this album while he was part of Disko-Tech, with Fred Everything (world renowned house / deep house DJ). His first effort `pensées de bouteille` was an abrasive / noisy, but still challenging and interesting listening experience. This second outing is a definite evolution in sounds / styles. The sequencing steps in, nice synthesizer works, good beats, more complex arrangements are at work here. This album offers a mix of: instrumental electronics, downtempo, bossa nova, techno, house, dare I say bedroom techno house music perhaps? Nice little album (10 tracks = 39.05 minutes), I liked everything. My favorite track is:
9 – weenie boppie (version 1)  = electronic + techno + house with bizarre, strange, quirky undertones. It reminds me of Monsieur Blumenger`s sole album release `musique et couleurs`, yes it`s that damned good. I gotta say DAMNED I`M IMPRESSED!  Get it here:  http://jimmybeaulieu.com/monsieur-populaire/

No comments:

Post a Comment