Wednesday 10 June 2015

Shy Rights Movement – draining the sunlight (cd-r)


I love receiving real letters / parcels by the good old unreliable, nearly obsolete rectal / postal system (gimme some physical media DAMMIT!!!). Physical, physical I wanna get physical let`s get into physical lemme hear your body talk. I`m getting carried away, again (kinda easy in my case). Anyways, where was I? Oh yeah, this is the latest Shy Rights Movement short, short, ok then, mini-album (4 songs 17.25 minutes). SRM is the solo music project from one Mark Ritchie. Mark is also the head cheese / writer of my favorite monthly zine, the one and only `Hiroshima Yeah! `. The music on this album is pretty basic. Mark sings and plays electric guitar at the same time (just like a twotopus i.e. two hands octopus). I like this mini album a lot. The songs are a nice mix of indie / alternative / country / low-fi with a nice homemade feeling. The electric guitar sounds at times sludgy / grungy, kinda like a threesome between Tad, Low and maybe Neil Young`s more electric guitar moments, good stuff. Mark does a nice version of `Big night `(written by Mark Eitzel, taken from American Music Club`s second album `Engine`). Contact: 
Mark Ritchie
94 Main street
Forth
Lanark
ML11 8AB
UK


 

No comments:

Post a Comment