Wednesday 10 June 2015

Hiroshima Yeah! # 124 – June2015 (zine)



This is me favorite 8.5 by 11 inches cut and paste, black and white, five pager, monthly zine. Cover star of this issue is none other than Alan Bennett (English playwright, screenwriter, author and actor). We also have on the front page poetry, `guilt, greed and genocide `. Favorite poems this time around are:
New Dark Age
They get so angry
Because they can`t download
Some insignificant shit
Onto their phone,
Instantly.
They are a generation that feels
Entitled to everything
Bit knows the true value
Of nothing.
When the new dark age comes,
It will be all they deserve.
And:
The past is a parallel universe
The past is a parallel universe
In which I have a job I enjoy,
In which I have hair,
Have more years ahead of me
Than behind.
But I don`t care about any of that
Because the past is also a parallel universe
In which I don`t know you,
And knowing you makes
All of the other shit
Worthwhile.
And:
Gamblers
It`s not about the money,
It`s about the risk.
And last but not least:
Humanity
Don`t look at humanity
Too closely,
It will burn your eyes out.
Need I say more? Simply magnificent!!! Then we have the usual stuff like: `the great rock `n `roll tolchock, selected dispatches from an ultra-violent offender out on probation `(Gary Simmons baybee!!!), music & DVD reviews, `I am the westend, I am the love and I am the fucking light too… I guess` (more texting gozungus nonsense from the likes of Mark Ritchie, Gary Simmons, Maggie Ponce and T-Mobile), `Stonehenge` (a short rant dissing Stonehenge by Robert Dellar), and we end all of them things with `the queue`. Time stops still when you`re waiting in line like a bunch of sardines. Don`t just stand there. For our next trick you need the following four items: paper, pen, some stamps and an envelope. You know what to do next, send it by mail to: Mark Ritchie
94 Main Street
Forth
Lanark
ML11 8AB
UK
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment