Friday 4 January 2013

Mr Steel (part 1 of 2)

Circa mid eighties, I was getting fed up of the dive scene and I wanted to expand my cultural horizons. I discovered this place `Foufounes Électriques`, which means something like `Electric Buttocks`. It was a local bar promoting underground \ alternative culture:  exhibitions , comics, zines, and concerts. Here`s a small list of bands who performed  there (in no particular order):
Dead Kennedys
Janitors Animated
QRN (quite ridiculous nonsense)
23 Skiddo
Young Gods
Moev
The Weathermen
Download
Vomit & The Zits
Violent Meals
The Gruesomes
Terminal Sunglasses
SCUM (society controlled under murderers)
American Devices
DOA
Anyways, I could go on an on for a couple of hours mentioning names. Once in awhile they would sell some comics, and zines. I remember going there one evening and I bought a copy `Mr Steel # 2`, a local artzine. The drawings simply took my head off. It was angry, raw, savage, pissed off, brutal stuff (almost like graffiti, done on the spot).        
Here`s the complete scan of Mr Steel # 2. I will also post volume three soon.
A STRONG WORD OF ADVICE:
THIS IS NOT FOR THE EASILY OFFENDED, THE FOLLOWING IS ADULT ORIENTED MATERIAL.
You`ve been warned, so leave me alone.










































No comments:

Post a Comment