Wednesday 24 August 2016

Bodycocktail – guiltless pretext (CD)



I don`t remember where I got this album. It was lying on my huge, ever expanding, to listen pile. Bodycocktail is Zan Hoffman`s band since 1993. Since 2012 they released 177 albums, you do the math here. This came out in 2009 on ZH27 (this is the name for Zan`s record label). He started his label in 1984 and since then, he released 336 albums. He is an extremely prolific individual. This is my first Bodycocktail listening experience (10 songs = 32 minutes). It`s not what I was expecting, I`m impressed. This is a mix of rock / new wave i.e. bent-out-of-shape proto new wave. Imagine a jam session between the following unlikely participants; Eric`s Trip (lo-fi wholesomeness), The Vaselines (subtle pop sensibility) and Suicide (minimal orchestrations). My favorite songs are:
1 – Pass through flame (3.52 minutes) = melancholic (don`t think gothic), minimal, nearly new wave.
2 – Darkness or fraud (3.29 minutes) = lo-fi, slightly psychedelic lil pop number.

9 – Peace tock (2.22 minutes) = a schizoid / schizophrenic, out there, proto new wave / pop song. I like it I like it I like it! Freebies here: https://archive.org/details/zh27

No comments:

Post a Comment