Friday 26 August 2016

Dictation – always makes things worse (CD)



Dictation is the solo noise project of a Gentleman named Robert Wallace. The same guy who plays in `The crash hounds of America` and the owner of `hot & ready records`. I thought this was going to be an ear shredding, harsh, kinda wall of noise oriented listening material. I got pleasantly surprised, this falls under the category of ambient / experimental noise (8 tracks = 47.32 minutes). Here`s a short rundown of what`s in store (for the innocent, unexperienced listener out there).
1 – 5.02 minutes = lo-fi grindings / scratching + voice = ambient / meditative noise perhaps.
2 – 2.37 minutes = didgeridoo + random banging + guitar + short noisy burst = feels like sound collage.
3 – 2.05 minutes = processed voice samples + lo-fi goodness + weird experiments going on.
4 – 1.12 minutes = is this processed piano / synth / organ or you`re just happy to see me (nice short & sweet little track).
5 – 2.38 minutes = weird ass experimental noise (I like it! I like it| I like it|).
6 – 9.41 minutes = lo-fi ambient musings slowly and randomly going into noisy territories.
7 – 3.10 minutes = strange sound snippets (found sound perhaps) + rhythmic banging.
8 – 21.07 minutes = lo-fi aural minimalism + short noise bytes of unknown origins. Ear challenging to say the least. I like this and I highly recommend it. Send well-hidden cash to:
R.L. Wallace
2700 White Avenue # 3
Chico
Ca
95873
USA

No comments:

Post a Comment