Wednesday 31 August 2016

DJ Krush – kakusei (CD)




Another cool find at my favorite Renaiassance Montréal store (2.00 $ for CDs, count me in). DJ Krush (real name Hideaki Ishii) is a Japanese alternative hip hop producer, DJ and remixer (born 29th july 1962). Kakusei, which came out in 1998 is his seventh studio album. This is nice and long recording (17 tracks = 68.58 minutes). Hideaki likes to jam / mix things up electronic, hip hop, downtempo, some nice sonic abstractions here and there, trip hop on the side, a pinch of jazz, chill out beats with some subtle dub elements throw in for good measure. The perfect soundtrack for a hot summer day. Lying on the beach, kakusei playing in the background, an icecold glass of sangria and your lover lying next to you. What am I talking about, it`s stinking hot here in Montréal, I don`t drink sangria and I`m alone. In the mean time, I have plenty of nearly frozen beer and this album to keep me company. I got myself a plan. I`m looking forward to hear more DJ Krush music, good stuff. Recommended. More info here: /http://www.djkrush.nl/


No comments:

Post a Comment