Wednesday 24 August 2016

Something for nothing # 72 (zine)



This is a half-size, black & white, cut & paste, irregularly published zine (36 pages this time around). There`s spotlights on The Dickies and Toy Dolls. I never heard of those bands before. They both sound interesting. The zine is mostly reviews of books, beverages (an amazing idea) and zines. Idy loves punk music and it shows. I just turned fifty this year. Upon reading this, it brought back memories when I was young (my early twenties). Seeing the Dead Kennedies, The Clash live, listening to punk music. I was a punk before you were a punk (The Tubes). There`s a couple of articles / short stories. My favorite is `shouldn`t someone else be buying me birthday presents`. On his Birthday Idy goes on a shopping spree. He visits second hand record / books stores across the greater Cleveland area. Good idea. It`s written on the cover that the zine is free. Printing is not free. Sending stuff by mail is highly expensive these days. My advice send Idy (Something For nothing head cheese) well-hidden cash or a trade (a record, a CD, a mixtape, a DVD your own zine). An amazing zine. Recommended. Contact:
Something for nothing
516 third street NE
Massillon
Ohio
44646
USA

No comments:

Post a Comment