Wednesday 5 October 2016

Ghislain Poirier – breakupdown (CD)




Ghislain Poirier comes from my hometown Montréal and this his is fifth album. A long time ago, I bought his very first release a mini CD-R sold at Casa Del Popolo in a distroboto machine. Over the years I managed to dig out most of his release. To be honest I`m not into his music. I`m always curious to see an artist / band evolve / devolve. This album (20 tracks = 55.50 minutes) is my favorite one so far. The music is definitely electronically oriented, with some hip hop on the side. Ghislain combines / fuses elements of electro, rap, electronic, raga, hip hop, dancehall (à la Québécoise), with some great beats / breakbeats involved. Highly recommended. More information here; http://poiriersound.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment