Saturday 15 October 2016

Gusgus – attention (CD)



I found this in the DVD section at renaissance Montréal. I was next to the movie Top gun. The sixth album from this Reykjavik, Iceland band (formed in 1995). It came out on Underwater Records in 2002. I had high expectations here, especially after hearing the magnificent `this is normal` (their third album). Total disappointment. Don`t get me wrong this album is good, it`s well made, good production values. They mix up electronic with house, downtempo, electro, disco (à la Daft Punk) and ambient. This sound too commercial for my taste buds. It sounds like they wanted to be a big hit on the dance floor. On a good note, one track caught my attention big time
8 – Detention (2.32 minutes) = a short & sweet beautiful chill-out ambient piece. I`m sure they sold tons of copies of this album. It`s good, believe me it just don`t work for me that`s all. It`s a good thing I bought this for two dollars only.               

No comments:

Post a Comment