Wednesday 5 October 2016

Various – music from and inspired by the movie S.P.I.T. (CD)




A couple of years ago I was at a second hand record store, browsing through piles of used CD`s / DVD`s. I found this boxset with two documentaries inside
A – The street; a film with the homeless (1997).
B – S.P.I.P.T. – squeegee punks in traffic (2001).

I think I paid 5.00 $ at the time (2.50$ each, not bad). I watched both of them the same night. I like real life documentaries which has nothing in common with reality bullshit i.e. TV. Time passed. My apartment was full of CD`s / DVD`s they were just lying there. I made a pile, put them in a box and gave them to an old friend of mine. It< s a Sunday afternoon I`m scoping out the used CD`s at my favorite Renaissance Montréal store. I stumble upon this soundtrack. It almost feels like a local compilation, most of the bands come From Québec, some from Ontario, one from Malaysia and another one from the USA. The music is a mix of punk and hardcore with some exceptions. Roach does two spoken word pieces (about his life on the street). We end this CD with `Locos – sous la pluie on entend pas les gens pleurer` a beautiful instrumental track with acoustic guitar. Great ending. Local legends American Devices and Ripcordz are included  http://www.spit.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment