Tuesday 4 October 2016

Short story of the day

Teddy bear                                                                                (François Marceau 04-10-2016)


John was at the bus stop waiting to meet Christine. They both met on one of those stupid online dating sites. John`s heart was beating real fast. The stress, the anxiety, the questioning was taking over. What does she sees in me? I`m different no doubt about that. She likes my writing, my music my paintings. She accepts my handicap, my insecurities the whole package deal. What`s the catch here. There`s no catch moron she`s into you. There`s no other possibilities. I never met anyone like her before. Than why am I so damned nervous? I cut part of my right ear while shaving this morning. There`s some blood still dripping. Now I look like some insane Vincent Van Gogh. I just hope she doesn`t think I`m crazy. I couldn`t sleep last night. My blue eyes are deep red now. Good God I look like Jeffrey Dahmer! I hope she doesn`t think I`m a psycho. This is my first real date in years. Not a one-night stand or friends with benefits. It`s just to discover if we`re compatible or not. Now I can`t stop sweating. The stress again. What does she sees in me? I`m losing my hair and I have this big belly. I look like a bald teddy bear. Oh my God she`s coming out of the bus. She`s smiling at me. What am I going to say? Hi John. Well, huh hi Christine. Now I`m mumbling like a damn fool. What should I say to her? Come here and kiss me Teddy.
              

No comments:

Post a Comment