Saturday 14 May 2016

Air – Moon safari (CD)




I know this is electronic music so for 2.00 $ I had to buy it. I found this at Renaissance Montréal next to some Willie Nelson CDs. Air (amour / imagination / rêve) is a French electronic / rock duo of Nicolas Godin   and Jean-Benoit Dunckel. Moon safari, which came out in 1997, is their first complete album (10 songs = 43.33 minutes). The music here is a potent mix of downtempo, electronic, trip hop, future jazz and synth-pop. They use some nice, old school synthesizers: Moog, Korg MS-20 and the Wurlitzer (they use and some would say abuse the Vocoder). This is actually better than I expected. An old friend of mine told me this was commercial garbage. I heard lots of commercial and / or underground, hyped, overhyped shit to last me a lifetime. I like slightly melancholic oriented music, bands like Joy Division, old The Cure, etc. A couple of tracks really caught my attention:
1 – La femme d`argent (7.08 minutes) = instrumental, introspective melancholic electronica. The perfect soundtrack for a rainy day.
2- Sexy boy (4.57 minutes) = synth-pop with vocoder = da hit!
8 – Ce matin la (3.38 minutes) = relaxing, dare I say chill-out, minimal instrumental electronica. Good music for good times folks. Get the  details here:

No comments:

Post a Comment