Friday 20 May 2016

IV electroacoustic miniatures international contest (CD)



Whenever I read the following words: electronic, experimental, electroacoustic or musique concrete on a CD, it grabs my attention. I bought this album (13 tracks = 45.24 minutes) at Renaissance Montréal on a cold Sunday afternoon with a small pile of used horror DVD`s. This was a yearly electroacoustic music contest held in Spain. The record label folded, there`s a link to a dead website: www.confluencias.org . there`s not much information. I consider myself lucky to buy this for such a small price (2.00$ Canadian). The tracks submitted for this yearly contest should be no less than 2 minutes and no more than 5 minutes. 211 composers from 35 different countries participated. The 13 tracks you will hear are from the finalists. There`s some amazing sounds from the likes of: Elaine Thomazi (Brazil), Simon Steen-Andersen (Denmark), Michal Rataj (Czech Republic), Antonio Fereira (Angola), Vincenzo Grossi (Italy), Massimo Biasioni (Italy), Jorge Antunes (Brazil), Xyramat (Germany), David De La Haye & Shona Mooney (UK), Martin Bédard (Canada), Aldo Rodriguez (Mexico), Julian De Brahi (Argentina) and Federico Schumacher (Chile). Federico is the winner of the Electroacoustic Miniatures International contest 2006 edition. Impressive music at work here. The only artist I know is Jorge Antunes. His music appears on some electroacoustic music compilations I purchased a long time ago (I bought them on sale, I must be one of the rare freaks out there who enjoys this stuff). Recommended if you can find it. Good luck.

                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment