Friday 6 May 2016

Shy Rights Movement – complaint rock (CD)




SRM is the solo music project of Mark Ritchie. The man behind Hiroshima Yeah! Zine. Complaint rock is his latest offering (11 tracks = 42.12 minutes). This is stripped-down instrumentations electric guitar + voice. You`ll hear songs about lost loves, angst / depression, mourning, utter despair, drunken abandon, alienation and killing hipsters. I don`t know about hipsters, it`s just the tip of the iceberg. The variety of different morons out there is mighty impressive. I could write a list. Then I`d be considered a misanthrope and I would thank you for the compliment. There`s a various influences at work here: Neil Young, Bob Dylan, a dash of Jesus and Mary Chain  / Sonic Youth perhaps (for the slightly distorted guitar), Cauliflower Ass & Bob, Robert Nighthawk, Leadbelly and Blind Willie McTell. This music makes me thirsty. It`s a Friday night. I`m alone. I have a fridge full of various beers. I`ve got myself a plan. Contact:
Mark Ritchie
94 Main Street
Forth
Lanark
ML11 8AB

UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment