Monday 13 June 2016

Mutemath – Mutemath (CD)





This is the first album from those New Orleans chaps. It came out in 2005 on their own record label (Teleprompt records). I was browsing through endless piles of used Cds at Renaissance Montréal when I found this. The cover caught my attention, it looks a little bit like Kraftwerk`s `trans Europe Express` album, especially the colors. I was curious and for 2.00$ a CD, what the hell. I`m hearing this for the first time and I have to admit that I`m puzzled and surprised here. This is like a rich sonic stew, not much meat but lots of good vegetables: onions, cabbage, carrots, potatoes, turnip, zucchini, Brussels sprout, cauliflower, parsnip, and eggplant. The arrangements are rich, structured, and complex. A melting pot of various music styles alternative, math rock, garage, art rock, new wave, reggae, funk, jazz, electronica, progressive rock, psychedelic music, stoner, dream pop and spacy, atmospheric rock (Sigur Ros perhaps). Impressive to say the least. You want some, come get some here: http://www.mutemath.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment