Thursday 23 June 2016

Various – Bluffers Guide Volume 6, 2005 Sizzling Summer (double CD)



I got this at Renaissance Montréal, again for 2.00$. I`m a sucker for Ninja Tune record label, ever since I bought, way back in 2000, their Xen Cuts (3 × CD Compilation). The music goes into various sonic territories: future jazz, hip hop, electronic and downtempo.  You will hear some songs from: Jaga Jazzist, Amon Tobin, AmmonContact, One Self, Dwight Trible & The Life Force, Trio, Airborn Audio, The Herbaliser, Mr. Scruff, Pest, Blockhead, Bonobo, Roots Manuva (two tracks), Spank Rock, Part 2, TTC, Diplo (two songs), Ty, and King Geedorah. There`s some amazing pieces here;
CD 1 – Sunny side
6 – Airborn Audio – inside the globe = funky electronics + hip hop = the perfect summer hit.
8 – Mr. Scruff – chicken in a box = downtempo funky electronic music, sweet.
CD 2 – Scrambled
4 – TTC – dans le club = an incredible mix of hip hop and electronica from those Parisian rappers. An interesting compilation. Too much hip hop for my taste buds (I prefer electronic music what can I say).

No comments:

Post a Comment