Monday 13 June 2016

The Crash Hounds Of America – brown thoughts (cassette)



One of the reasons why I keep doing this is I love getting stuff by mail. I recently got this parcel with a zine, two cassettes, yes, you heard me, two old school analogue tapes. Through the years, I heard a lot of weird noise and music. Some great stuff, some average and some bad crap. This is weird: acoustic / electric guitar, some percussions / banging going on while someone is trying his best to sing. The end results are intense, crazy, nearly schizophrenic song oriented mumbo jumbo. If someone would be capable of mixing Syd Barrett / Captain Beefheart`s out there jam sessions with some Jack Terrible`s weird / schizoid musings / rantings and a little Bo Diddley on the side, then they would create The Crash Hounds Of America. It took me a couple of listens to appreciate this tape. I found some standout tracks:
5 – Puke (on myself) = electric guitar + some banging + voice + synthesizer. Recalls Suicide, good stuff.
6 – Hound hunch = a good mix of percussions & banging = Nox anyone.
7 – Brown town = the usual mix of things with some free saxophone sessions. Think Blurt and you`re getting there. Have no fear and send him a couple of bucks here:
Hot & Ready records
2700 White Ave. #3
Chico
California
95973
USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment