Friday 2 December 2016

Hank Williams – 20 of hank Williams greatest hits (CD)




I got this as a gift from my favorite Floridian country boy Eric T. When it comes to country / western my knowledge / interest is limited. I like the classics like Patsy Cline and Johnny Cash. I also like more `heavy `oriented country i.e. cowpunk like The Blasters, Violent Femmes and Jason & The Scorchers. Hank Williams (1923 – 1953) was an American singer-songwriter and musician. You will hear 20 amazing songs, like; your cheatin`heart, move it on over, I`m so lonesome I could cry, rambling `man, my heart would know, kaw-liga, cold cold heart, lovesick blues, honky Tonk blues, honky Tonkin`, there`ll be no teardrops tonight, jambalaya (on the Bayou), hey good lookin, window shoppingI can`t help it (if i`m still in love with you), half as much, why don`t you love me, you win again, baby we`re really in love and take these chains from my heart. Hank`s music mixes elements of country, western, folk, blues, honky-tonk, gospel and rockabilly. The second track `move it on over ` mixes blues with rockabilly it sounds like another band who was a precursor of rock `n`roll Bill Haley and his comets. It`s a shame he died so young. After hearing a lot of noise and bizarre alien ambient music this album is a welcome (and peaceful break) for my poor ears.


No comments:

Post a Comment