Saturday 24 December 2016

Solarus – empty nature (CD)



I got this album as a gift from my good friend Alex. Solarus consisted of Bill Yurkewicz (Exit-13, Namanax, Pica and Purge), James Plotkin (Atomsmasher, O.L.D., Regurgitation, Namanax, Lotus Eaters, etc) and Kipp Johnson (Candiru, Elixir, Purge and Namanax). This is their first recording it came out in 1997 on Release Entertainment. They released another album the following year (Crystallized). Then they seem to have folded or something. Upon the first listen I really didn`t like this. A wise man told me once give this a chance let it sink in man. That`s what I did. It took me some listening effort to fully appreciate this album (seven tracks = 56.29 minutes). This is electronic music mixed with elements of drum & bass, IDM, dub, illbient, which goes sometimes into minimal territory. My favorite pieces of the moment are
5 – Malignant soul punisher 2 (8.13 minutes) = dark electronic + dark dub + samples of a woman screaming = this is not a test.

7 – Sunyata (10.19 minutes) = minimal dub + dark electronics = beautiful, dreamy music. I`m relaxing, chilling-out as we speak. Recommended if you can find it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment