Saturday 31 December 2016

Hiroshima Yeah! # 141 – November 2016 (zine)



My favorite 8.5 by 11, black & white, cut & paste photocopied monthly six pager. On the front page, we begin with poetry and `such opulence, such misery `department. My favorite pieces this time around are
Over oceans
Adrenalin can carry you
Over oceans,
But sometimes it runs out
When you`re only halfway across.
And
Certain people
They are certain people
Whom I keep close
To my heart.
And the rest of them
Can fuck right off.
And also
Fakers
Donovan does it,
Lulu does it,
John Martyn did it;
Talking with a Scottish accent
Sometimes
And an English accent
At other times.
It strikes me as fake,
Especially because
My uncle Hugh,
Who is 84 now
And has lived and worked
Abroad for most of his life,
Has never lost his Scottish accent.
I hate fakery and I hate fakers
But can`t shake the terrible feeling
That the fakers will end up
Inheriting the earth.
I can relate to that. I work with a lot of them and yes, they`re in charge. They`re like cockroaches they can survive / adapt anywhere and everywhere. Gary Simmons has two columns this time around (13.82 billion years of hell & Soviet LK moon lander VS relationshits). There`s some music, book and concert review (Bob Mould, at the Garage, Glasgow 10th October and Richmond Fontaine at The Caves, Edinburgh 18th October). We end this beautifully with a shorty from Mark Ritchie (something truly wonderful) and some nice black and white drawings form parts unknown. Contact: donbirnam@hotmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment