Tuesday 31 January 2017

Daft Punk – Tron legacy – original motion picture soundtrack (CD)



I never saw the original Tron movie and I don`t plan on watching Tron legacy either. I remember playing once the Tron videogame at the arcade, back in the day (1982). I found the game boring, redundant and crappy. If you`re my age, when you used to go at the arcade, most of the games were not that groundbreaking. Does anyone remember Popeye, Dig Dug, Donkey Kong Jr, Joust, Burger Time, Q-Bert, Sinistar and finally, Tron? Those games came out in 1982 and most of them are pretty bad. A close friend gave me this CD. To be honest, I had no expectations here but I`m always available for freebies you know. It`s the first soundtrack work by Daft Punk in collaboration with Joseph Trapanese. (a composer, arranger & producer, he works in the production of music for television, movie, theater and concerts). I was expecting the usual funky modern space disco from Daft Punk. Man, am I wrong here. The music is a mixture of neo classical arrangements, some classic synth music (à la Tangerine Dream / Jean-Michel Jarre / old Vangelis), and funky instrumental electronic (i.e. Daft Punk territory). An interesting album. I still don`t feel like watching the movie but I recommend the soundtrack. It`s good, yes it`s that good.                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment