Tuesday 14 February 2017

Montag – alone, not alone (CD)



Montag is the solo electronic music project of Antoine Bédard from Montréal, Québec, Canada. This is his second album, which came out in 2004 on Gooon (a defunct pop electronica record label). My good buddy Counterfeit introduced me to Montag`s music more than ten years ago. I found this at a second hand record store, in the cheapy bin section. I bought this 3.00 $ I think. This is a nice but rather short album (12 tracks = 37.16 minutes). The music blends elements of electronic, modern classical, downtempo and IDM. There`s some song oriented tracks and a couple of instrumental numbers as well. This is relaxing, deeply introspective, Ethereal at times, nearly ambient, lo-fi, dreamy, lightly melancholic, meticulously crafted, homemade bedroom IDM / pop / electronic music. An electronic version of Eric`s Trip perhaps. I`m not sure but I like this album a lot. Recommended. Some info here; http://www.montag.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment