Monday 13 March 2017

Christoph Heeman – aftersolstice (CD)



I got this as a gift from my good buddy Alex. This is Christoph Heeman`s second solo album. Aside from is collaboration with Merzbow the classic `sleeper awakes on the edge of the abyss` it`s my first listening experience. It took me some efforts to appreciate this album. This is abstract, drone, electronic music with some nice experimentations on the side. Here`s a brief description.
1 – Solstice 1 (2.27 minutes) = relaxing neo classical ambience with string loops / samples.
2 - IV (19.55 minutes) = a long, subtle, peaceful piece of droning ambience with some strange aural experiences happening in the background.
3 – I (20.57 minutes) = droning ambience / ambient noise / darkwave + some minimal elements here and there with some amazing processed strings / violin samples / loops.
4 – Appendix (1) (55 seconds) = a short & sweet minimal ambient conclusion. Highly recommended.                 

No comments:

Post a Comment