Saturday 25 March 2017

Isolée - we are monsters (CD)



A colleague gave me a bunch of CD`s he wanted to throw away. I`m always up for freebies. It might be interesting, or not. Isolée is the solo minimal house music project of Rajko Muller (born in Frankfurt, Germany). We are monsters, which came out in 2005 on Playhouse is his second album. This is my first listening experience and to be perfectly honest I`m impressed here. The music is electronically oriented with elements of micro house, old techno, retro electro, deep house, eight-bit music, acid, lounge, downtempo and pop / pop rock. I wanted to check out his gear because most of the tracks have that warm old school analog sound. Are those VST`s or the real thing. Fortunately it`s the real thing Isolée uses a Yamaha VSS-30 and a Roland JX-3P. I like this album it has a retro futuristic sound i.e. mixing the old and the new. Standout tracks of the moment are
8 – Jelly baby / fish (4.52 minutes) = song oriented retro electro / techno with a nice lounge feel.
9 – Today (4.33 minutes) = downtempo + micro house + pop / pop rock is that an electric guitar in the background or you`re just happy to see me?

No comments:

Post a Comment